Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Term 1


Term 1

Personal Performance
I have scored 35/45 for my Science test. I feel that this is an average mark as it is just a borderline A1. I made some very careless mistakes which caused me to lose some marks.  In the process, I have learnt to underline some key words while reading a text or some information. This may help me to answer the questions more easily later on. I should also have studied some of the basic concepts more thoroughly and not only concentrate on the things that are harder.
I plan to maintain my A1 for Term 2 as well, but get a higher mark instead so that my A1 would not be too ‘risky’. I will do this by revising my work consistently and not revising at the last minute because I usually would not have enough time to do so. I feel that I can also make a mindmap on a specific topic so that it would help in my revision for the test. This is a skill that I have been learning during QMCT lessons. A mindmap starts with a main topic  which is then branched out so that there will be different categories of information in greater detail. Mindmapping will allow me to be able to understand concepts easier and it will also make it easier for me to link different parts of information together.
Mindmap about 'Time'

Growth Development
I had a bit of a problem understanding the uses of some parts of a Bunsen burner. Hence, I searched the internet to find the solution to some of my questions.  I also confirmed with my friend if this information is true. This had definitely enhanced my understanding of the Bunsen burner. The Internet website is usually the best resource to understanding and solving my queries but I must be careful as well because not all information on the Internet is reliable.
Overall, I feel that my personal performance and growth development in Science is satisfactory. 
Different section of flame


Different parts of bunsen burner
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment